Based on 2 adults: From £1,079pp, - includes discount £213 - Total Price £2,158.
Saturday, July 25, 2020, for 7 night cruise - onboard the Marella Explorer 2, Fabulous Fjords itinerary, Decks 8/9 Inside Cabin - All Inclusive with Marella Cruises by TUI - departure port Newcastle.
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 1: Newcastle
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 2: Ship at Sea
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 3: Vik I Sogn
You’ll find the area of Vik I Sogn pulled up along the southern shoreline of Sognefjorden – Norway’s biggest fjord. The first thing you’ll notice here is the textbook Norwegian countryside. Think snow-capped mountains, rolling green hills and plenty of easy-going, waterfront walking trails. A few pocket-sized villages are sprinkled along the coast for you to explore, too. They’re a good place to learn about the area’s Viking-filled history. Make sure you also sample some fresh raspberries during a walk around one of the local fruit farms.
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 4: Nordfjordeid
The village of Nordfjordeid sits at the end of a 15-kilometre-long fjord that’s surrounded by steep mountains to the north and south. But despite its cut-off location, 3,000 people call this place home. Take a walk along the village’s waterfront and soak up the scenery. Or head off to tour the nearby lakes. You can reach Hornindalsvatnet and Breimsvatnet lakes by road in less than an hour.
- Looking for the best view of the area? Head to the Loen Skylift – a cable car that climbs up the mountainside. There’s even a restaurant at the top with panoramic views of the fjords.
- Western Norway’s famous for the fjord horse, a small breed that’s been used in farming for over 4,000 years. See them up close at the nearby equestrian centre.
- If you’re looking for a quiet day out on the water, sign up for a boat ride or kayaking session along the fjords. You might even see killer, sperm and humpback whales in the summer.
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 5: Alesund
January 23rd 1904 saw Alesund ravaged by fire, but this hardy little city rose like a phoenix from the ashes – and the result is impressive. It was rebuilt in Art Nouveau style and the medley of turrets, spires and ornamental twists and turns give the town a fairytale feel. What makes it even more unusual is that it’s set across several islands sprinkled in the ocean, with the spectacular Sunnmore Alps as a backdrop.
- Have a look around the Art Nouveau Centre, a gorgeous period building whose displays piece together Alesund’s architectural history.
- A trip to the top of Mount Aksla offers up unbeatable views of the town, the fjords and the surrounding islands. You can climb the 418 steps, starting from the town park, catch the sightseeing train or go by road.
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 6: Stavanger
This sophisticated little city thrives in a patchwork of heather-covered hills and breathtaking fjords. Whether you come here to unravel its spellbinding history or just to soak up the magical scenery, Stavanger puts it all there on a plate for you.
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 7: Ship at Sea
Fabulous Fjords - Itinerary day 8: Newcastle
Cruise Ship Details - Marella Explorer 2 :
- 8 restaurants
- 9 bars
- Coffee shop
- Outdoor pool
- Beauty salon
Marella Explorer 2 is our newest ship in the fleet. It’s adults only and flaunts a range of exciting facilities, from a Champneys Spa to a chic bar-club-casino space. You’ve got nine bars and nine restaurants on this ship, too. Top spots include The 19th Hole – a golf-themed bar with a golf simulator – Flutes, where you can sip Champagne* or Prosecco to the sounds of a pianist and Beach Cove – a relaxed restaurant with barbecue-inspired menus and quirky swinging seats. Not to mention the outdoor spaces, such as The Veranda, where you can enjoy far-reaching sea views.