Based on 2 adults: From £2,399pp, - includes discount £361 - Total Price £4,798.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021, for 12 night cruise - onboard the Marella Discovery, Sunshine and Jazz itinerary, Decks 2/3 Inside Cabin - All Inclusive with Marella Cruises by TUI - fly from London Gatwick airport, departure port Montego Bay.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 1: Montego Bay
Jamaica’s bubbly side is on show in Montego Bay. This lively north-coast town has a strip full of reggae bars and Caribbean restaurants, and you can dip in and out for rum cocktails and jerk chicken. Montego Bay’s biggest pull, though, is its coastline. The shores here are bracketed by clear blue waves and coconut palms.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 2: Georgetown
The best bits of the Cayman Islands are condensed around Georgetown. As you might expect from the capital of an island chain, the city is well stocked with snorkelling and scuba shops, Caribbean restaurants, and rum bars. But the jewel in Georgetown’s crown lies a few miles down the coast – Seven Mile Beach is arguably one of the best stretches of sand in the Caribbean. And, because it’s not privately owned, you can walk from one end to the next, completely freely.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 3 & 4: Day At Sea
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary days 5 to 7: New Orleans
New Orleans is about as quiet as a crowd during a festival headliner – welcome to the city of jazz, jambalaya, Mardi Gras and masked celebrations. French, African and American cultures combine in the ‘Big Easy’ – a busy melting pot of influences. Wander the streets and you’ll hear snatches of round-the-clock saxophones and smell spices in the air. The city’s most famous landmarks include bar-lined Bourbon Street, the voodoo-associated St Louis Cemetery #1 and the National World War II Museum on Magazine Street.
- Grab a stack of fried doughnuts and coffee flavoured with chicory in downtown New Orleans – its cafés are a 10-minute walk from the cruise terminals.
- Explore Royal Street – a hub of antique stores, modern shops and bars where music spills out the door. There are street musicians and local artists on almost every corner.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 8: Day At Sea
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary days 9 and 10: Tampa
You’ll find the seaside city of Tampa on Florida’s west coast, tucked inside its namesake bay. It’s neighboured by a beach-brushed peninsula, where the resorts of Clearwater and St Pete draw sunbathing crowds. But the to-do list in Tampa is all about the sightseeing. In the Downtown district, skyscrapers line the stylish Tampa Riverwalk. You can swot up on culture at a flurry of art museums, or hit the rides of Busch Gardens. Ybor City – once the cigar capital of the world – has morphed into a retro, restaurant-filled neighbourhood. And because the cruise port’s so central, it’s easy to hop off the ship and explore.
- Rent a bike and cycle along the Tampa Riverwalk. It snakes along the banks of the Hillsborough River, passing by high-rise hotels, museums and theatres.
- Get the adrenaline going at Busch Gardens, where the themed areas are inspired by African safaris, jungle adventures and Ancient Egypt.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 11: Key West
Key West feels like a cross between a Floridian beach town and a Caribbean island. Look at it on a map and you’ll see it dangling below the Sunshine State like the string of a balloon, with over-sea highways connecting dainty slivers of land. And because it’s so far south, Key West takes a leaf out of the nearby Bahamas’ book. The houses are coloured like a pick-and-mix counter, fishing’s one of the favourite pastimes, and the snorkelling’s excellent. History-lovers can visit Ernest Hemingway’s home, and sip his favourite rum cocktails at a beach bar. Add a slice of signature key lime pie for the full authentic experience.
- Grab a seat on lively Mallory Square, where Key West’s most popular bars and restaurants congregate. Keep an eye out for street performers, who flock here to entertain the crowds.
- Explore the old town on a traditional trolley bus. It’s one of the best ways to check out the rainbow-coloured chalets, and there are plenty of spots to hop on and off.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 12: Miami
This city’s one of the biggest and boldest in Florida, and cosies up to the state’s east coast. The South Beach neighbourhood gets loads of attention, because of its palm-sided boardwalk and signature Art Deco architecture. In Little Havana, café culture reigns supreme, and grand manor houses take you back to a different era. And away from the lively beach and Downtown districts, Crandon Park and Jungle Island add a natural sway to proceedings.
Sunshine and Jazz - Itinerary day 13: Port Canaveral
Florida’s Port Canaveral is one of the busiest and biggest cruise harbours in the world – but it’s easy to navigate, with plenty to get your teeth into even if you’re only here for a few hours. The port’s surrounded by marshland and rivers, and wildlife-spotting boat tours are very popular for cruise passengers stopping off here. The beaches are spot on, too – they gild the coast gold all the way down to the Cocoa Beach area. Spend time at this part of Port Canaveral if you like surfing, sunbathing and net-fresh seafood.
- The famous NASA Kennedy Space Center is right on your doorstep. Here, you can tour the astronaut training facilities and rocket launch pads.
- Take a boat tour around Merritt Island, which is home to manatees, alligators, turtles and bald eagles. Trips last about two hours and pick up direct from the cruise terminal.
Cruise Ship Details - Marella Discovery :
- 8 restaurants
- 8 bars
- 2 lounges
- 4 whirlpools
- 2 swimming pools
- Rock climbing wall
Marella Discovery is the sister ship to Marella Discovery 2, so you can expect nearly all of the same facilities, such as a fantastic dining scene and a show lounge to rival the West End. Top highlights include seven bars and seven restaurants, plus an outdoor cinema and a five-storey atrium. Families are well catered for on this ship. Family Suites and Family Junior Suites are kitted out with a chalkboard and a PlayStation 4, plus there’s a rock climbing wall, a minigolf course and two pools onboard, one of which is indoors.